Manatee Manners Video
Manatee Helpful Hints-You Need to Know
- Bring or wear a jogging or fleece outfit in the cooler months, it is always nice to put on something warm and cozy when you come out of the water.
- You are also welcome to bring a lap blanket.
- We provide hot chocolate, tea and coffee upon your return, it always seems to hit the spot and warms you right up.
- We perform more manatee tours in the cooler months than any other time of the year. (manatee tours offered all year)
- The water temperature never changes and is a constant 70-72 degrees. (spring fed waters maintain the temperature).
- Our 3 millimeter wet suits will keep you warmer longer in the water. Our sizes include toddler up to 5xL. Creating awesome buoyancy control for guest (effortless floating) while they swim with manatees
- Age Restrictions: We do have age restrictions but for coast guard regulations which means a child 6 years and under must remain in a life jacket at all times, additionally we require 18 years and under to be with a parent or guardian, secondly 14 years and younger must remain with a parent in the water or on the boat at all times. From time to time we have babies that attend our tours parents usually switch out their time in the water or bring someone to stay with baby as a dry rider and watch the manatee interaction from the boat. Coast guard considers even the smallest of guest as one person please include every guest riding along on the boat when making your booking.
- Weather Conditions: We never cancel a tour due to rain (lighting conditions might mean a delay )
- Cool weather is great conditions when your are swimming with manatees so we never cancel due to cool weather!
- We will contact you as soon as possible if we must cancel a tour, if we must cancel we will refund or offer you a rain check for a future tour.
- We closely monitor the weather.
- Guest Party Size: we work really hard to keep our group size smaller at SeaDaddys however unless you purchase a private tour there is not a guarantee group size.
- Photography: Guest can reserve a swim guide/dive guide whom will also preserve your memories in picture and video. Please do so in advance we can not guarantee a photographer the day of arrival.